Secrets for a Long Healthy Relationship
Secrets for a Long Healthy Relationship – Here is an article I came across That I feel is definitely worthwhile to read in it’s entirety – I hope you enjoy it – We live in a time when people change relationships more often than they change hairstyles. Some people would call them disposable. Easy come. Easy go. But, what happens, when you think you’ve found the one. You know, the one they wrote epic poems about long ago. The one that makes every other relationship pale by comparison — at least as far as your relationship experiences are concerned. How do you hold on to this special relationship while so many other couples are unable to make it work?
The key word here is work. You have to work at making relationships last. Fortunately for you, these six secrets for relationship success don’t always feel like the hard work they are.
1) Communicate. You have to communicate effectively with each other. That doesn’t simply mean you have to talk to each other. You have to also understand each other and be on the same page about many things in your relationships and in the lives you build together.
2) Connect. The physical connection between couples is vital to relationship longevity. It goes beyond what takes place in the bedroom however. You really do need the connection of human touch to help solidify your bond. Cuddle together on the couch, hold hands in the theater, and hug each other as often as possible. The more you touch, in a genuine and affectionate manner, generally speaking, the happier you are together.
3) Find common ground. Every relationship needs a little common ground. These are the areas where the two of you have shared convictions. Sometimes these convictions are based on morals or religion. Other times they’re related to causes or politics. Whatever your shared convictions may be, it’s a wise plan to cultivate that common ground and grow together.
4) Shared interests. This is a little different than common ground. Your interests don’t have to be on the same scale. However, if you both love the ocean you might find that buying a sailboat, for instance, is a great way to feed the love of sailing the open seas for one while feeding the love of water and sunshine for the other. You both love the ocean and sailing gives you an opportunity to enjoy the thing you both love together.
5) Companionship. You must spend time together if your relationship is going to work. Otherwise there really isn’t a relationship to cultivate. Time is critical. Finding positive ways to spend your time together, even in troubling times, is a great way to build a stronger relationship together — especially if you’re both committed to the cause of making your relationship last.
6) Time apart. While it’s important to spend time as a couple in order to cultivate and grow the relationship, it’s also important to enjoy a little time outside of your partner’s company. You both need friends on the side for blowing off steam, wise counsel, and a little break from the intensity of the relationship.
These six secrets may not look like all that much on a piece of paper, but over the years, they will all make a huge difference in the strength and resilience of your relationship together. Keep them in mind at all times for best results.
Secrets for a Long Healthy Relationship Blog Listings
http://www.huffingtonpost.comMon, 08 Jul 2013 10:29:31 GMT
We are told that happy marriages are based on good communication, shared values, a sturdy support system of friends and relatives, happy, stable childhoods, fair quarrelling, and dogged determination. But in a survey of 470 …
http://www.huffingtonpost.comWed, 14 Aug 2013 19:40:25 GMT
Let’s be honest: all relationships go through good times and some not-so-good times. Put these four little secrets to the test and see if they can not only keep that spark alive, but help those not-so-good times become better as …
http://psychcentral.comWed, 07 Nov 2007 12:55:34 GMT
There have been a thousand or more articles written about how to have a successful long-term relationship or marriage, but none that seem to capture some of the.
http://www.beyondthebedroomevent.comTue, 06 Aug 2013 07:43:45 GMT
However if a relationship starts to break and isn’t working, it can be a tremendous drain. You feel stuck. The secret of a long lasting relationship is intimacy. Yes, in order to build, maintain and sustain a healthy relationship both …
http://www.tribeofblondes.comThu, 20 Aug 2009 16:29:27 GMT
Your Guide To Healthy Relationships – Do You Know 9 Secrets Of A Long, Happy Life? By Hadley Finch On August 20, 2009 · Leave a Comment. Author and adventurer, Dan Buettner, studied the world’s healthiest centenarians and identified …
http://news.google.com<Mon, 19 Aug 2013 21:01:04 GMT
Secrets of a good relationship: “Hopeless romantic” photographer seeks …CultureMap AustinThe youngest son of Mexican-born immigrants, the 39-year-old self-taught photographer has been single for almost two years after a long relationship ended. But …
Relate counsellor Paula Hall and couples share their secrets for a healthy relationship.
Go to http://www.finallyloved.com to find out how to make him commit Does your man have cold feet? Is he pulling away? Does he act cold and distant? How do y…
Kasey Kelly sits down with relationship expert Kat Connect! She outlines the characteristics of a healthy relationship, toxic relationship and gives advice f…
Thanks for stopping by our post about Secrets for a Long Healthy Relationship, please come back as we update daily with new articles, videos, and blog listings.